ARIELLE LEWIS STUDIOS, LLC.
Owner/Photographer, May 2016-Present
- Work with clients to discuss the images they require and how they want to use them.
- Seek out appropriate photographic subjects and opportunities.
- Carry out research and preparation for a shoot.
- Work in different locations and in different circumstances to get the right image.
- Use an extensive range of technical equipment, including cameras, lenses, lighting and specialty software.
- Communicate with photographic subjects, putting them at ease, encouraging them and directing them.
- Manage the processing and use of images, discussing technical problems, checking for quality and dealing with clients' concerns.
- Prepare proofs for approval.
- Compile finished products for sale, such as albums and framed prints.
- Understand digital photography and keeping up to date with industry trends, developments and new techniques.
- Develop expertise with software to digitally enhance images by, for example, changing emphasis, cropping pictures, correcting minor faults or moving objects around.
- Manage the business aspects of the work, including administration, scheduling work, invoicing and basic accounting.
- Develop a good portfolio, building a network of contacts and achieving a reputation for quality and reliability in order to secure future assignments.
- Self-market by, for example, producing business cards, postcards and promotional materials and creating and maintaining a website.
Oden Hughes Management, Austin, TX
Leasing Agent, May 2015-May 2016
- Responsible for the leasing, marketing and maintaining positive resident relations of multi-family residential apartments.
- Demonstrate community and apartment/model and apply product knowledge to clients needs by communicating the features and benefits; close the sale.
- Update availability report, process applications for approvals. (i.e., credit check, rental history, etc.) Submit processed applications to the Community Manager for approval. Follow up with applicant regarding status.
- Monitor advertising effectiveness. Gather information about market competition in the area and file.
- Have prospect complete application and secure deposit in accordance with the company procedures and Fair Housing requirements.
Wyndham Garden Hotel, Austin, TX
Guest Services Supervisor, Jan 2014 – May 2015
- Train workers in proper operational procedures and functions and explain company policies.
- Observe and evaluate workers' appearance and performance to ensure quality service and compliance with specifications.
- Meet with managers or other supervisors to stay informed of changes affecting operations.
- Inform workers about interests or special needs of specific groups.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding worker performance or services rendered.
- Requisition necessary supplies, equipment, or services.
- Analyze and record personnel or operational data and write related activity reports.
- Take disciplinary action to address performance problems.